It has been a long time coming ... for us to clean up the basement. Ever since we moved, we have been building piles to give away. Everything including home decor, kitchen items, silverware, old college decor, clothes and snow gear has been lining our basement. Last weekend I tackled it, and by it I mean the mounds of treasures. You are probably wondering how the heck we have so much stuff. And this is why: I flew home this summer (to MT) to visit my mom and move out. Officially. Officially move out. I rented a medium size U-Haul and trucked my way down I-25, just me and my stuff. I boxed everything up my freshman year in high school when I moved to Oklahoma, and it hadn't be touched since (clothes, decorations, t-shirts, mementos and swim stuff). I also hadn't been able to get anything from home since I moved away for college . So put two and two together, and you have a medium U-Haul truck. We probably could have rented another U-Haul truck to carry our stuff away, but it was more fun and cost effective to fill the 4Runner to the brim. Brian made several trips up and down the stairs loading the car.There was no room for me, so the Mr. hauled my stuff away. He looked like the Griswolds from National Lampoons Vacation. There wasn't an inch of room to be found in the car.
It felt good to watch all my treasures drive away, knowing that several families will be delighted this Holiday Season. We are so blessed to be able to help those in need - it really is the most wonderful time of the year! Here is to wishing you and yours a season filled with thanks and love!!! I hope you can find the time to give, too :)
P.S. I listened to Christmas Music all the way to work on Friday, and all the way home. I must say, it made for quite the happy day.
Thanks for visiting!
XOXO,
The Mrs.
No comments:
Post a Comment