A peak into the lives of two lovebirds ... Welcome to the fabulous life of Brian, Bobbi & Frankie J. We spend our days loving, laughing, eating, and living life to the fullest in this great Mile High City.

12.21.2010

Tea Cup Tuesday

You're thinking I'm crazy ...Tea Cup Tuesday!?!  What?!  Well here is what I am really trying to get at.  When we got married, we received several nice things ... I'm talking your everyday items (cutlery, dishes, pots, pans,  and entertaining pieces) all the way to Tiffany's, Waterford, China, Crystal, .... and on and on.  People are SO generous.  We made the decision to use them. Why have something nice stashed away in some closet or tub only to use a couple times in your life?  Why not cherish the memories, enjoy, and .... if something happens, it is just a "thing" .... a really special thing.  You'll get over it, and cherish the times you did spend with that special thing.  So this has been our motto with everything.  Use our things, and eliminate clutter (it's good for the soul)!
As you may recall, I made the trek up to Billings to get all of my "special" things.  I did come back with my Auntie's trunk full of childhood treasures and family heirlooms.  Mom split them between Kass and I.  As I began to empty my trunk, I thought ... what can I do with these tea cups so they don't just sit there ........... and VIOLA!  
Here they are!
The yellow is my absolute FAV!
I was in need of a jewelry case .... so I thought how fun would my grandmother's tea cups be in the closet?  Even the Mr. didn't mind sharing his space with a few dainty items.  I arranged my earrings by color, coordinating with the cup and saucer of course.  Inside the tea cups are studs that couldn't hang.  Pure brilliance.  It makes me smile  every time I look for earrings.    

(Excuse the mess.)
What have you done with your special things?

No comments:

Post a Comment