I love the Holidays! Mainly because they are so full of traditions and everyone is so happy and full of cheer (...okay, maybe not everyone - I just ignore those Scrooges)! The Mr. and I (or maybe just me, but I still pretend) are so exciting to start making our own traditions as these Holidays come rolling around. With all of the holiday lights, food and cheer, it is hard not to get in the spirit. I find myself listening to the my Christmas Station on Pandora at work, and today I even left a message for one of my co-workers to give me a jingle - fitting, right?!
Well, I have to admit. I had a dream last night. I had a dream that today was the first day to open the Advent Calendar. YAY! YAY!YAY! I can remember Kass and I as little kids (ok, and teenagers and college kids) racing to open our Advent Calendars first thing in the morning. Who could wait until after dinner time? Sometimes, we would even stay up late just to open it after midnight. There is something so joyful and thrilling about opening up that tiny little door. It must be the anticipation of all those treasured memories and traditions soon to come. And there I was dreaming away of traditions to come. It was quite the pleasant dream, ... and then I woke up. And guess what? It was a dream come true. It was DAY #1 of the Advent Calendar! Brian and I have officially decided the size of the chocolate has gone down - maybe due to the increase in super-sizing in America. Maybe that is really how much chocolate one should have, or just maybe that's what I get for buying one at Target...???!
| So here you have it ladies and gentlemen, door #1! And the countdown beings! |
In case you need a little refresher, here is the history of these fun little calendars: A Timeline of the Advent Calendar . Please, enjoy yourself and reminisce a while.
I'm off to eat my Peppermint Ice Cream now :) Happy Day #1!
Love,
The Mrs.
No comments:
Post a Comment