A peak into the lives of two lovebirds ... Welcome to the fabulous life of Brian, Bobbi & Frankie J. We spend our days loving, laughing, eating, and living life to the fullest in this great Mile High City.

4.01.2010

March Madness & More Progress

Well, sorry it has been a while since an update ... it has been crazy around here!  I'm not sure what we have been doing, but we have been busy doing it.  The weather has still been a tease;  1 foot of snow last week, and 3 days later it was sunny and 77.  We gotta take what we can get I guess.  Whenever I am craving a vacay (which is a lot lately), I just flip through and look at our honeymoon pics.  That way, I can vicariously be at the beach enjoying something like this:


It works, right?  That will have to make due for now.  

We have also been enjoying the rooftop and grilling out as much as possible.  I sure am going to miss this  A LOT when we move!!!

We are going to try and hit up as many Rockie's Games as possible.  Opening day is just around the corner, and Coors Field is a block away!  YAY!

We had a great St. Patty's day weekend!  We took Frankie and walked over to the parade to get our fix of green.  He thought he was pretty cool.  That night, we walked to one of our favorite places; Gumbo's Louisiana Style Cafe.  They never disappoint; we always end up with the Mahi Mahi ( fixed two different ways).  Brian gets the St. George; Mahi with a lemon burre blanc with dirty rice, and I get the Blackened Mahi with Crawfish Etouffee and Dirty Rice.......It was a great weekend. 
For St. Patty's Day, Brian made me Green Eggs and Waffles .... my first time for green eggs.  It was tasty :)  He is the egg man around the house.  After work, we went up to one of our FAVORITE restaurants in the Highlands, Root Down.  It was an old tire lube store that has been redone and focuses on recycling and using local produce.  We enjoyed happy hour with some beers, margaritas, sweet potato fries, sliders, and some edamame hummus with wonton chips - it was amazing (and green)!


Of course we have gone by the house a few times to check on the progress, and it is coming along quite nice.  It was suppose to be a poopy brown and orange color, but we said that was unacceptable.  We got to pick from a few other 1 inch by 1 inch swatches, and had about 5 minutes to do it.  This is what we ended up with, so much better than poopy ...





Yay for our closet!



Laundry Room Floor:

 I'd like wish my pops a very, very Happy Day After Your Birthday!!!!  Hope it was a great one!  Dad, Mary, Brian, Kass, Matt, and I are all going to the BB King concert on April 19th to celebrate his birthday .....  Dad always told me that I was "Riding With the King" ... (or rather, he would blair it really loud and sing along as we were driving around town)!  It will be fitting for him :)

Well, Frankie and I are going to head over to the park, go grab some Easter Egg Dye, and play Easter Bunny. Talk to y'all later........ Have a wonderful day! 
(He is a great errand buddy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment