A peak into the lives of two lovebirds ... Welcome to the fabulous life of Brian, Bobbi & Frankie J. We spend our days loving, laughing, eating, and living life to the fullest in this great Mile High City.

2.19.2010

And Zoom...January is Over

So January was quite the treat.
     We had a nice steak dinner with friends at LoHI Steakbar in the Highlands,  moved on to a house party, and eventually walked to the Forest Room for the grand 'ole celebration to bring in the New Year.  They had a full house and balloons that streamed confetti at midnight.  We popped a bottle of Champagne and had a cheers to the New Year.
     Then, I got a Jury Summons from Denver County.  So in I marched to our beautiful Courthouse that Tuesday morning.  What an experience that was.
                                         
  I was one of the last numbers called, but I was called.  We had to move to the hall where we were put into order, but this was all interrupted by a loud lady, "Sherrifs are coming move to the left of the hall."  Okay, no big deal - right?  WRONG.  Out  march about 16 men shackled from head to toe dressed in bright orange suites.  Yeah, I got the heebee geebees.  And the goosebumps.  And my heart skipped a beat.  The looks those men had on their faces sent a chill down my spine.  I wanted nothing more than to grab a wig to be in disguise.  We marched down the hall and two flights of stairs to Denver County District Court Room, whew - I got a civil case.  I got put in seat number 2 in the "Box," there were 12 of us in there.  They went through rounds of elimination and I didn't get moved a bit.  We were the most educated Jury the Judge had ever seen, and he had white hair!  By 1 p.m. the Jury was selected, we were told it was going to take at least 3 weeks, and bam; opening statements.  Possibly the worst one ever given.  Poor guy, he just should not be a trial attorney.  He was awful, I think I could have done his job for him.  Long story short, the case was settled after a weeks worth of serving.  The Judge and Attorneys came back and talked to us after we were dismissed, and what a cool experience that was.  The details of the Justice System are fascinating. This Judge was so appreciative and respectful of us, I was proud to serve in his room.  It was like a mini vacation from work, and I would be happy to do it again.  Brian has to go the end of February, he hopes we aren't jinxed.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment