WOW! What a year is has been ... 2012 was filled with health and happiness for sure! I had to travel to Houston every week for work from the middle of May through the beginning of October. Folks, that will wear you out quickly, that's for sure. We are grateful and blessed with great jobs and good times with family and friends. Here is a quick breakdown of our highlights from last year:
- January
- Our super adorable, absolutely perfect nephew was born! He is referred to around here as Preston, Preston James, P Man, P or Toot. I got to spend almost two solid weeks with my new buddy... I'm sure glad Matt and Kass like to keep me around;) If only they would move to Denver, they would have a built in babysitter for no charge (HINT HINT).
- February
- Unkie B and Aunt B took a visit down to San Antonio to check on Preston. No worries, he just got cuter!
- The hubby and I packed up our backpacks and took a trip to Thailand with some of our dear friends. It was definitely the adventure of a lifetime. We didn't book any hotels or flights for while we were there- it was a wing it kind of trip, and we would totally do it that way again! Our path went a little something like this: Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Krabi, Ao Nang-Phi Phi Islands-Phuket-Bankgok. Killer trip, my friends. We tried to live it up while we were there since we made it to the other side of the world.
- March
- We celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday with quite the par-tay! Matt, Kass and P made the trip up and we celebrated all week long.
- April
- Cheers~Boppy turned 95!!! If you ask him what he is thankful for, he replies with, "I'm just glad to be here...well anywhere, really!" Love him.
- May
- We packed up and flew east to Pittsburgh for my cousin Kyler's wedding. It was sort of like a mini family reunion east cost style - lots of good times were had!!
- June
- We celebrated Boppy's 95th birthday with the whole Snider family down in Arizona. Everyone stayed at the resort where we ate, swam, played games and of course had a white elephant party.
- July
- Our 2nd annual hot dog cook-off took place, and the top three came in at:
- 1st: Nathan's
- 2nd: Sabrette
- 3rd: National Hebrew
- I flew down for Preston's Baptism, and all the festivities to match. Kass had quite the celebration planned, and I'm so honored to be Preston's Godmother. Just love that little man.

- August
- I turned 27. WOO. Of course we celebrated with my annual Fruition Birthday Dinner; one of the best restaurants around!
- Frankie J turned three! Of course we celebrated and spoiled the guy, but really, I can't believe our little (95 pound) bear is three.
- The hubs and I celebrated our 3RD, third, THIRD Wedding Anniversary. Wow, time flies when you are having fun! We have officially be dating for 7.5 years now...awwww. He is fabulous!
- September
- We loaded up with Frankie and our bikes in tow, and headed to Angel Fire/Taos to spend Labor Day with some sweet friends (the Bootenhoffs aka the Bootys). They housed us in their parents cabin, and we spent the days hiking, mountain biking, drinking wine, playing games and of course eating. It was a great get-a-way.
- My hotty turned 28. Holy cow, that is only 2 years shy of 30. WOW.
- October
- B shot his first big game animal - we have some nice big pieces of antelope in our freezer. The sausage, salami and jerky are quite yummy.
- Aunt B went down to hang out with Preston for Halloween,. I took him trick-or-treating for the first time ever, and he was the cutest little Lion I have ever seen.
- November
- We voted.
- The G's came to town again! YAY And they brought P, too! YAY YAY We visited Santa, rode the carousel and went to the Aquarium.
- We celebrated all things to be thankful for, and gobbled down on a fantastic Turkey Day dinner with Dad, Mary, Kass, Matt, P, Moe and Albert.

- December
- Work Holiday party, friends Christmas party, hosted a brunch for Brian's family and this year...We hosted Christmas at our house. It was so fun to be home enjoying the Holidays. The first time ever, really. B's family came into town for a week and we hung around here, relaxed, ate (a lot), went shopping, saw Les Miserable and the boys went skiing.
- New Year's Eve was a total blast. We were so pooped from such a busy year that we stayed home in our jams, cooked a great dinner, drank some wine, had our own dance party (Frankie thought we were crazy, but then decided to join the fun) and popped some champagne to watch the ball drop. We were in bed before 1. I don't know the last time either of us were a-home for NYE and b-in bed before 1 on NYE.

And that's a wrap, ladies and gentleman. Maybe this year I'll be able to write some more! We've got some fun times in store:)
Loved reading this post and all about your 2012! You sure know how to enjoy life! Congrats on your new baby nephew, he is seriously the cutest little boy ever, but you already know that.
ReplyDelete